GW Pharmaceuticals Plc is a biopharmaceutical company working on discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics powered by medical cannabinoid products including cannabidiol-based (CBD) medicine known as Epidiolex and THC based medicine in Europe and Canada for a broad range of diseases treating Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome known as rare forms of childhood epilepsy. $GWPH exists in the Health Care/Life Sciences Industry operating oversees in the United Kingdom under Geoffrey William Guy as Executive Chairman and Scott M. Giacobello as Chief Financial Officer.
Competitor News Impacting Performance:
- GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR $GWPH (U.S.: Nasdaq) reportingGWPH will report FY 2017 earnings on 12/05/2017 rpeorep Q4 earnings on December 4th, 2017 dropped over 10% since Friday following an announcement of its competitor Zogenix.
- ($ZGNX) reporting positive results of its epilepsy drug ZX008 for Dravet Syndrome sending shares skyrocketing over 170% following the release of positive Phase 3 data with an expanded survey size than previously used rivaling the results of $GWPH studies with Epidiloex to reduce seizures.
- Zogenix plans to submit an application for low-dose fenfluramine to the FDA in late 2018 to combat $GWPH Epidiloex drug which is also seeking approval by the FDA.
Drug Test News
- Recent studies have shown that $GWPH CBD based drug called Epidiolex has reduced monthly seizures up to 40% in phase 3 testing targeting epilepsy in children/young adults which had outperformed any competitor before $ZGNX.
- The competitor Zogenix $ZGNX drug ZX008 which had recently reported on September reduced rates of monthly seizures by 72.4% which combines small doses of Fenfluramine (i.e., famous serotine releasing drug in the 90s for weight loss before being shut down by FDA) to combat epilepsy in an unorthodox manner.
- $ZGNX news has begun to cut into the profit margins of $GWPH which also produces other drugs including Sativex (nabiximols) providing treatment of spasticity due to Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in 29 states
- $GWPH produces other drugs such as GWP42002:GWP42003 researching/identifying phytocannabinoid compounds including multiple variety of cannabinoid combinations such as CBD:THC combination to treat glioblastoma multiforme, or GBM, a particularly aggressive brain tumor, and 3. GWP42003 known to treat schizophrenia using CBD currently in Phase 2a of research.
- GW Pharma’s drug Epidiolex (Cannabidiol) presented in March 2016 is currently in Phase 3 trial, producing a monthly median seizure reduction of 39% compared with a 13% reduction in patients treated with a placebo.
- GW Pharmaceuticals remains the first pioneer drugmaker to scientifically prove in clinical studies that its use can significantly lower the monthly frequency of seizures in Dravet syndrome patients now along with $ZGNX.
- $GWPH has a moderate to high 2.7 beta rating (i.e., measure of the volatility in market) showing that it has added risk compared to the market.
- $2.76 billion market cap
- $25.2 million shares outstanding
- $25.09 million public float with 3.81 million shares short.
- Price to Book ratio: 5.88
- Current Ratio: 10.40
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.02%
- Annual Revenue: $10.25 million
Ownership: (Source: WSJ)
Analyst Ratings: (Source: CapitalCube)
1. Research Team: REDUCE RATING (Updated: 10/01/2017)
2. The Street: SELL RATING (Updated 09/30/2017)
3. Market Edge: AVOID RATING (Updated: 09/28/2017)
4. Leerink Swann: MAINTAINS OUTPERFORM PT $153 (Updated: 10/02/17)
ETFS with exposure to GW Pharmaceuticals Plc Source: (Capital Cube)
The 1 year daily chart (i.e., each candlestick represents 1 day of price action) shows that the long-term price trend is shaping into a downward wedge pattern tracing down from the highs of last March at $130 to test the $115 area after $120 was rejected in August. The bottom line of the wedge traces from the low in June in the $115 price range rising up slightly towards the $100 support range. The current dip in the last few days of the stock show price has rejected moving high above the $100 short term resistance area which has become a key area the stock needs to hold above to retest $115 towards retesting its prior high of $120 in August, and reversing away from its current downtrend resulting in a 25% drop within 1 year.
The 20 day simple moving average has crossed up above the 50 day moving average which provides a bullish crossover providing rationale for a short term spike in price if the stock can close higher this week above the 200 day simple moving in the $112.5-$113 price range area to reconfirm the uptrend rather than a failed bounce that leads to more downside.
Entry Range: $97.50-$99
Target 1: $106
Target 2: $110
Long Term 3rd Target: $118
MTTS Trading LLC, its partners and/or 3rd party affiliates reserve the right to notify that are that all parties noted are in open entry/closing positions in all of the above stocks, options, and/or other forms of equities. The trades provided in the above daily/weekly watchlist are simulations based on MTTS oscillators strictly for educational purposes only, and not to solicit or manipulate any stock, option or other form of equity. Under Section 202(a)(11)(A)-(E) of the Advisers Act this information is not considered investment or portfolio advisement from an authorized broker registered by the S.EC. (Securities Exchange Committee) and is limited to the scope of education in the form of market commentary through simulated trades via MTTS indicators, and other educational tools.
CFTC RULE 4.41 – HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.